Glucomodulation

Specific formula utilising cereals with a low glycaemic index and selected fibres to help in the management of post-prandial blood glucose in diabetic dogs.

High protein

Helps reduce net energy supply and support maintenance of muscle mass essential in diabetic dogs.

Low starch

Formula contains a reduced level of starch to help limit post-prandial blood glucose.

Diabetes occurs when insulin production by the pancreas fails or the body fails to react to the insulin that is produced. A relatively common condition in dogs which has links to many lifestyle factors including excess weight and obesity. Available in a 410g can, ROYAL CANIN® Canine Diabetic Special Loaf is exclusively formulated with your diabetic adult dog's nutritional needs in mind. This formula's exclusive complex of nutrients includes a reduced level of starch and has a low glycaemic index. Foods with a low glycaemic index result in a slower rise in blood sugar than foods with a high glycaemic index. This ultimately supports your dog by helping to manage postprandial blood glucose (the sugar in your dog's blood after eating). ROYAL CANIN® Canine Diabetic Special Loaf contains high levels of protein to support your dog's healthy body weight and maintain good muscle mass. Maintaining a healthy body weight is important to the long term management of diabetes in dogs. As part of the ROYAL CANIN® Veterinary Range, it is important that this product is only given to your pet when recommended by a veterinary professional. To cater to each dog's individual preferences, ROYAL CANIN® Canine Diabetic is also available as dry food kibble. If you're considering mixed feeding, it is vital to follow our feeding guidelines to ensure your dog gets an accurate amount of both wet and dry food for optimal benefit. A regular and consistent food intake is essential for dogs with diabetes. At ROYAL CANIN® we're committed to providing nutritional solutions to your pet's needs. All our products undergo an extensive quality control process in order to guarantee the optimum quality of food, as well as catering to your dog's specific dietary requirements and lifestyle. This means that when your dog eats ROYAL CANIN® Canine Diabetic Special Loaf, it's getting a complete and balanced diet.

Working towards a sustainable future

Our belief that pets make our world better inspires and gives life to our purpose of making a better A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS ™

Discover more
Labrador Retriever adult sitting with its owner outdoors

DIABETIC is recommended as first line nutritional management for all newly diagnosed cases of Diabetes Mellitus until control of clinical signs and hyperglycemia have been achieved.NOTE: The use of this food may affect the dog’s sensitivity to insulin. It is highly recommended that blood glucose and insulin response are monitored when starting the diet so that insulin dosage can be adapted.

Composition: Pork by-products, poultry by-products, chicken meat, powdered cellulose, maize grits, pork blood products, sunflower oil, beet pulp, minerals, marigold extract (source of lutein).

Additives (per kg)*: Nutritional additives: Vitamin D3: 180IU, Iron (3b103): 3mg, Iodine (3b201, 3b202): 0.3mg, Copper (3b405, 3b406): 2mg, Manganese (3b502, 3b504): 1mg, Zinc (3b603, 3b605, 3b606): 10mg.              *Values reflect only levels added to the formula, not those naturally occuring in components of the diet.

Analytical constituents: Protein: 9% - Fat content: 4% - Crude ash: 1.5% - Crude fibres: 2.4% - Moisture: 79% - Essential fatty acids: 0.9% - Total sugars: 0.7% - Starch: 1.6%

Feeding instruction: see table. Batch number, factory registration number and best before date: see information on packaging. To be stored in a cool, dry place.
Analytical constituents: Protein: 9% - Fat content: 4% - Crude ash: 1.5% - Crude fibres: 2.4% - Moisture: 79% - Essential fatty acids: 0.9% - Total sugars: 0.7% - Starch: 1.6%
Dog weight (kg)Thin-Normal-Overweight-
GramsCan 410 gGramsCan 410 gGramsCan 410 g
22573/42262/41952/4
4432138013283/4
65851 + 2/45151+ 1/44451
87261 + 3/46391 + 2/45521 + 1/4
1085827551 + 3/46521 + 2/4
151 1632 + 3/41 0242 + 2/48842 + 1/4
201 4433 + 2/41 27031 0972 + 3/4
251 7064 + 1/41 5023 + 3/41 2973 + 1/4
301 9564 + 3/41 7224 + 1/41 4873 + 3/4
352 1965 + 1/41 9334 + 3/41 6694
402 42862 1365 + 1/41 8454 + 2/4
452 6526 + 2/42 3345+ 3/42 0155
502 87072 5256 + 1/42 1815 + 1/4
553 0827 + 2/42 7136 + 2/42 3435 + 3/4
603 29082 89572 5016
703 69493 25082 8076 + 3/4
804 083103 5938 + 3/43 1037 + 2/4
VHN-WEIGHT MANAGEMENT-DIABETIC SPECIAL LOW CARBOHYDRATE DOG CAN 400G-PACKSHOT

Still have questions about this product?

Find out how to reach us, and get in touch.

Ask a question